This page is regularly updated. We invite you to see additional information closer to the conference.
Read the current official COVID-19 travel restrictions and what to expect during your stay.It is your responsibility to ensure you check and comply with the latest health and travel regulations.
Information about any specific arrival conditions or recommendations due to the pandemic situation and valid for the period of the conference will be posted here and provided to registered participants in enewsletters.
Visa Requirements and Invitation Letter
VISA maybe required online or at the local/national Portuguese embassy or consulate.
Letters of invitation are available to participants upon written request to the congress secretariat.
For a complete list of countries whose citizens are required to obtain a Schengen visa in order to enter please click on list of countries.
Additional information available at the website of Schengen VISA information www.schengenvisainfo.com
Besides all the Schengen area countries, the countries listed below DO NOT need a VISA to enter Portugal:
- Costa Rica
- Japan Korea (Rep. of)
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United States
- Vatican City
Fly with TAP
The discounts offered are the following:
up to 10% in economy and business class
The code of the event will be available soon and must be mentioned when making the booking in order to benefit from the discount:
- enter the website www.flytap.com
- select flights and dates
- insert the event code in the Promotion/Congress Code Box, located on the left side of the webpage. Kindly check the code to be used, according to the currency.
- The discount applicable to this event is only valid for online bookings made through TAP Portugal’s website www.flytap.com and with payment by credit card. The ticket will always be an electronic ticket.
- Bookings made previously by travel agencies or at our desks are not eligible for this discount.
- The final price shown at the end of the booking is the final fare, including the discount and all related taxes. The discount is applicable only over the fare, excluding all taxes related to the voyage.
- The discount only applies to TAP operated flights. Bookings on or which include code-share flights operated by other airlines or on other airlines do not benefit from the discount. Code-share flights are identified on online bookings with the message “OAL” or /
- The discount is not accumulative with fares for resident / student / child / infant /senior, etc.
- In case the website is down, Delegates should try again later as discount is only possible on website.
- Please remove miles discount or any other discount.
- The discount applies only for travel to the event. It is valid for round trip journeys from any TAP destination to Lisbon or Porto.
- The booking can be made at any time. The travel dates must be comprehended in the period of 10 days before / 10 days after the event dates. The dates of the event must be comprehended in the period of travel.
- The discount is also extended to the participants accompanying persons (adults).
- The conditions and restrictions regarding changes and refunds are those of the applicable fare. Please check the fare details before ending your booking.
A visa may be acquired online or in person at a Portuguese embassy or consulate.
For a complete list of countries whose citizens are required to obtain a Schengen visa, please check: https://vistos.mne.gov.pt/en/
Porto international Airport
The Porto international Airport is also known as Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport. Elected again, in 2015, by ACI - Airports Council International - one of the five best European Airports, a distinction it has been enjoying since 2006. Porto Airport, reached the 9 million passengers mark in the end of 2016. Is located about 10 km, a quick 20 minutes’ drive, from the Porto city center where most of the hotels are located. The airport is served by Porto Metro, public transport buses and dedicated shuttle buses.
Letters of Invitation
An invitation letter is required to apply for a visa. Upon request, invitation letters will be provided to the authors and presenters of accepted papers, posters, keynotes, tutorials, and panels, and to SSIEM Annual Symposium 2024 attendees who have completed their registration and payment process.
After the registration and payment are completed, an invitation letter may be requested. With this letter, participants will be able to obtain a visa for the period of the SSIEM Annual Symposium 2024, in Porto, Portugal.